We take your safety seriously at Puzzle Crawl. That’s why we haven’t had an in-person Crawl since February 2020. And we wouldn’t be offering one in May 2021 if we didn’t think we could do so safely. Here’s a list of the changes we’re making to the Puzzle Crawl format in response to the COVID pandemic:
- All Puzzle Crawl representatives in attendance will be fully vaccinated.
- All Puzzle Agents will be masked and seated outdoors during the Crawl.
- Hand sanitizer machines will be available at all venues.
- Check-in will be held outdoors, accepting the waiver and release of liability will be electronic, and the opening instructions will be delivered via an online video and electronic statement, to reduce crowding.
- All venues on this Crawl will have outdoor seating. Also, because the entire Crawl takes place in Hamilton’s DORA (Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area), it will be easy to socially distance while playing.
- At least one bar has window service, and no puzzles will require spending extended amounts of time inside any bar. In fact, it will be possible for most teammates to complete the Crawl without ever entering an indoor space (assuming one designated teammate orders drinks at all venues).
- Masks will be required for all Puzzle Crawl participants when entering indoor spaces. This is state law, as well as common courtesy.
- We are unable to mandate that participants be vaccinated or to check vaccination status (doing so would raise Constitutional concerns, which would be particularly problematic in a Crawl about a Founding Father), but we strongly encourage all participants who are able to do so to get vaccinated prior to attending.
- All materials provided (pencils, etc.) will be new and unused, placed in sealed packets by a fully vaccinated and COVID-free Puzzle Crawl representative.
- We’re exploring other technical solutions to reduce the need for interactions.
If you have questions about these precautions (or suggestions for other precautions we could take!), please let us know at email@example.com! To read more about our May Crawl, click here.